Sunday, July 1, 2012

6 days post op

So its been almost a week post op.  When I was weighed in at the hospital they said I weighed 296 pounds.  I weighed myself on the scale this morning and weighed in at 280.4 pounds.  So just in a little under 1 week down 16 pounds! 

I am making sure I drink my water, because the whole dehydration and hospital iv etc is not a pleasant thought and i would rather avoid it! lol.  Tomorrow starts my chance to add in protein shakes to my diet.  I have been restricted to liquid broth, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, light yogurt, cream soup strained/watered down, and i can have milk (although honestly I have not had any).  Tomorrow adds protein shakes to the equation, and then on Thursday I go to see my surgeon for my first follow up appointment.  Next monday I will be 2 weeks post op and I can start my 'mushy' foods... The whole puree type and stuff you can smash down.  I am looking forward to getting some scrambled egg, banana, beans, etc.  I am excited for that in a week lol. 

I am feeling REALLY good, which is shocking.  I know I need to watch that I don't do to much.  Yesterday I did a bit too much and it was sore time for me for a few hours.  Getting dizzy when standing up, light headed, and whole stomach area sore and worn out.  Tomorrow Donny goes back to work so I definitely need to watch myself to not over do it tomorrow morning getting the boys up and ready to go. 

So, I am going to sign off from here but if you have any questions just let me know :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment