Sunday, April 22, 2012

Steps towards weight loss

OK, so in the last entry I discussed my weight.  Some may have seen where it says "6 months monitored weight loss"... I will get to that in perhaps the NEXT blog entry (yes, I will do 3 tonight, as I don't want to ramble too much in one long entry which I probably already did).  This blog entry is about what I am doing RIGHT NOW for weight loss...  Well, some of it is BAD but also the good.


So, as of right now, I am working on a few different things.  I am utilizing the program on my phone called my fitness pal (user name afishsticks if anyone wants to add me) to help me track exercise and food (when I remember :)  ), I have started the C25K program using an app on my phone, I am planning on registering for a 5 k (YIKES) that will be here called Color Me Rad in August (registration is not open yet but I am planning on registering the DAY that I can, so that way I can't back out!), and am pushing to do not only the 30 minutes of Cardio involved in the c25K 3 times a week, but also do an additional 20 minutes of cardio on those C25K.  I also own a Wii system which right now is hooked up but is in a spot that makes it difficult to use, so I will be moving the Wii to a better location so that I can utilize it to its fullest extent.  I think that all these things are important for the exercise aspect of weight loss.

For the nutrition, I am trying to watch what I am eating (although I will admit, today I had a piece of cheese cake which I know packed on calories, and even though its not the best I didn't eat dinner so I feel a little better, but I do know I blew it calorie-wise today) and making healthier choices (such as a salad over sandwich, some scrambled eggs versus bowl of frosted flakes, lite dressing versus thousand island on salad, etc...  I am going to try to get back on track with counting calories, which is hard, but I know that if I do it, I will be able to monitor what goes into me each day much better than I can by just thinking about it as I eat it and forget about it once I walk out the door.

So, those are my steps I am doing right now with exercise and nutrition to get healthier... Now during this same period of time, to answer any questions about the whole 6 months monitoring, the next post will be all about that and the life changing event coming up this summer....

No comments:

Post a Comment