Wednesday, December 26, 2012

6 month surgiversary!

Well, it has been 6 months since I had the surgery (6/25, so 6 months and one day) and I am down a total of 82 pounds!  Since May, I am down 99 pounds :)  I didn't reach my initial goal to lose 100 pounds before the end of the year (as I highly doubt i will hit 18 more pounds in a week) but I am still really proud of this achievement. 

On to other news, after much deliberation and consideration, I have decided to attempt to train for a half marathon.  I have started running more on the treadmill (will try to get outside to run too when it warms up some more and when the kids are in daycare) and focusing not just on the calories to give me that extra 'umpfh' so to speak.  Instead of doing an hour on the elliptical and burning upward to 900 calories, I am doing half an hour on the treadmill (hitting 300 calories last time) and a half an hour on the elliptical afterwards (did 450 calories).  So not as good when doing all elliptical (short by 150 calories or so) but still a good burn and better practice towards a half marathon. 

So, new goal time.  By the time of my one year surgiversary, these are a few of my goals that I would like to achieve:

1.  Weigh under 200 pounds.
               *I am currently at 215, so that means 15 pounds in 6 months!  gotta keep pushing and i can do it!

2.  Run in a 5K
               *I am thinking of doing the Color Me Rad 5K in March (I did Color Run in August and really enjoyed it).  I may instead do a 10K though as more of a preparation for number 3!

3.  Run a half marathon
               * The half marathon I am training for is part of the Rock N Roll Marathon in San Diego.  It will be held on June 2nd.

4.  Wear a size 12 pants.
                * Pending on style, I can wear a size 14 or 16.  Jeans are 16 and material are 14 pretty much.  I do have some pajamas that are 12s that fit :)



So these are my goals!  gotta get'er done!

Ashley

Here are a couple current pictures about progress :)
In white is from May before the surgery at my highest known weight (314), and in the dress is from today (12/26 at 215)






2 comments: