Wednesday, June 6, 2012

18 days and counting

So my little countdown shows that I am at 18 days til surgery.  Getting all the appointments settled and paperwork ready to go for final stretch.  Donny has put in for 2 days off through FMLA (filled out part of the paperwork, dr. needs to fill out rest)... One for the Pre-op appointment next week and one day for the actual day of surgery.  My mom is off the Monday and Tuesday of the week I have surgery, works w-f, and will be off the next week... then donny is off for his vacation week the week after that.  So I will have help here at the house (plus in laws are off for summer/retired, and with us living there can get help too)...

This week I have to get my blood test done.  I was going to do it today but when I was going over they were closed for their hour lunch break.  I work all day on Thursday, so I will try to go on Friday.  Monday at 8 am I have appointment for my knee with the orthopedic surgeon.  Wednesday is my pre-op appointment at 10 am.  Monday also starts my pre-op diet for 3 liquid meals a day and 1 'healthy' meal a day... this will result in 1000 calories a day basically.

I have been continuing C25K.  I finished week 4, and now I am working on week 5 of C25K, and I already repeated day 1 two times, and I imagine I will repeat it a few more tiems.  But I will continue because I have a drive and ambition to work through it and try to complete at least week 5 prior to the surgery.  I am hoping I can get into week six, but I want to at least finish week 5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment