Friday, May 18, 2012

Thoughts on final goal...

Well, not doing too well remembering to post often. I am 37 days away from surgery and will definitely be posting more the closer I get.

Today I am posting about goals after surgery. Now, when you have surgery the goal of what is considered a "success" is to be at 60% of excess weight loss. So first excess weight must be determined. For my height a "goal" would be 150. That puts meat a body weight with bmi of 22.8. That is normal. My actual goal would be 175 but that is still considered "overweight". 60% of my excess body weight loss would leave me weighing in over 200 lbs, with a loss of 99 lbs. to me while that is a big loss I know I can do better. For me to reach less than 300 I need to lose 70% of excess body weight. If I lose 80% it would put me af a weight of 184. Still overweight but a much healthier overweight. I have read and talked to people who have done it. Who went from 300 lbs down to 140 so I know it is possible. I just need to keep the mind frame of how to achieve it.

Later tonight I will post about my Saturday mornings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment